Types of Vegetarian Diet/Vegetarianism
Vegetarianism or vegan diet comes in varied forms, which differ in component and restrictions. Some include:
- Lacto-vegetarian diet – restricts from eating fish, meat, eggs, and poultry except dairy products.
- Lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet – restricts from eating fish, meat and poultry except dairy products and eggs.
- Ovo-vegetarian diet – restricts from eating fish, meat, dairy products, and poultry except eggs.
- Vegan diet – restricts from eating fish, meat, eggs, poultry and dairy products, including products derived from animals such as honey.
- Pescetarian diet – restricts from eating poultry and meat except fish and occasionally, dairy products and eggs.
- Flexitarian diet – mostly vegan, but the diet occasionally includes fish, meat or poultry.
Most vegans restrain from eating fish, meat or poultry. However, some also exclude dairy, eggs and other animal-derived products from their diet.
Share Your Experiences With Us!
3728 Lunetta Street
Winter Haven, FL 33830
+(1956) 7149 698